Research Manager – Dry Bulk Shipping
Are you an experienced shipping professional with an analytical mind? Do you have commercial and/or operational experience and strong communication skills? Then join our team as we continue our quest to deliver market-leading insights to our clients around the world.
During the past couple of years, we have strengthened our Research team to deliver on our ambition of becoming our clients’ trusted advisor. We are continuing this journey and expending our research team to respond to increasing demand, and this is why we need you.
With Maersk Broker, you become part of a global shipbroking company with over a century of experience, a worldwide presence and an unrivalled dedication to customers.
You will join our expanding Research team of currently 10 experienced shipping professionals and talented academics specialised in finance, statistics and trade.
You will play a key role in the continued development of a strategic focus area as you provide our clients and global organisation with up-to-date fleet and market intelligence, including, for example, market demand, trade patterns, deployment trends, charter rates and vessel prices.
As Research Manager, you join the team responsible for our research into the dry bulk market. Simply put, through the best analyses, reports and presentations in the business, you help develop our relationships with our clients and their understanding of a complex market.
To accomplish this, you take on an outgoing advisory role, possibly travelling to present our analyses and discuss the future of dry bulk shipping with our clients. More specifically, your area of responsibility includes:
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an ambitious and independent colleague who is highly organised and structured. You have an improvement mind-set and look forward to developing the depth and breadth of our research products – both what we do, and how we deliver it. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Maintaining and developing our supply and demand forecast models.
- Mapping major demand drivers within dry bulk shipping.
- Overseeing regular weekly, monthly and quarterly market reports and forecasts.
- Writing and further developing our market reports portfolio.
- Concluding client and topic specific studies and presentations.
- Communicating market insights to our organisation and clients.
- Developing key client relationships by presenting our market insights and forecast.
Overall, you will succeed because you have a natural ability to combine numbers and detailed market knowledge into crisp market analyses that you communicate clearly and effortlessly to both internal and external audiences. As such, you are part of a rare breed that combines fierce analytical ability with unrivalled commercial acumen.
Want to join our research team?
Only applications received through our job portal will be taken into consideration – please apply via the link below. Please be aware that only candidates with a valid work and residence permit for Denmark will be taken into consideration.
We will be conducting ongoing screenings and interviews, so please send your application at your earliest convenience. Please enclose a copy of your university diploma stipulating which courses you have taken.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience, preferably within the dry bulk segments.
- Have an understanding of demand and supply drivers within the market.
- Are familiar with forecast modelling, data collection and analysis.
- Ideally hold a degree in macroeconomics, international trade, finance or similar. Are a confident communicator both in writing and in speech.
- Have a high proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Are fluent in spoken and written English.
25 January 2019
Expected start date:
As soon as possible
Senior Research Manager, Dry Bulk Shipping
+45 3344 1489
Head of Research
+45 3344 1493