Research Analyst – Tanker Shipping
Are you fiercely analytical by nature, and passionate about shipping and trade? Regardless, if you are a recent graduate or bring up to 5 years of experience from the industry, we offer you the opportunity to join our team as we continue our quest to deliver market-leading insights to our clients around the world.
During the past couple of years, we have strengthened our Research team to deliver on our ambition of becoming our clients’ trusted advisor. We are continuing this journey and expending our research team to respond to increasing demand, and this is why we need you.
With Maersk Broker, you become part of a global shipbroking company with over a century of experience, a worldwide presence and an unrivalled dedication to customers.
You will join our expanding Research team of currently 10 experienced shipping professionals and talented academics specialised in finance, statistics and trade.
You will play a key role in the continued development of a strategic focus area as you provide our clients and global organisation with up-to-date fleet and market intelligence, including, for example, market demand, trade patterns, deployment trends, charter rates and vessel prices.
As Research Analyst, you join the team responsible for our research into the tanker market. Supporting the segment responsible Research Manager, you analyse drivers of international trade, growth markets and industry trends and will play a key part in developing our research products within a new field. Additionally, you are responsible for a number of key administrative processes, and, for example, take the lead in completing our weekly and monthly market reports.
Specifically, you will be involved in:
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an ambitious and independent colleague who is highly organised and structured. You have an improvement mind-set and look forward to developing the depth and breadth of our research products – both what we do, and how we deliver it. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Analysing and forecasting newbuilding and second-hand vessel prices as well as freight rates.
- Preparing and writing our market reports portfolio.
- Identifying major demand drivers within tanker shipping.
- Preparing customer presentations as well as studies and analyses of the upcoming trends and changes to markets.
- Forecasting future market developments through establishing and maintaining of demand–supply models.
It is critical that you are highly organised and methodical, and that structure and accuracy form a natural part of your eagle-eyed attention to detail. Furthermore, as our knowledge is only valuable once it is shared, it is essential that you are an adaptable team player with a desire and ability to learn from others and share your insights.
- Have a minimum of 1-3 years of tanker industry experience or from the energy sector.
- Ideally hold a degree in macroeconomics, international trade, finance or similar.
- Have a high proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of forecast modelling, data collection, data integration, data management and analysis as well as simple finance and investment calculations
- Are an efficient communicator both in writing and in speech.
- Are fluent in spoken and written English.
Want to join our research team?
Only applications received through our job portal will be taken into consideration – please apply via the link below. Please be aware that only candidates with a valid work and residence permit for Denmark, will be taken into consideration.
We will be conducting ongoing screenings and interviews, so please send your application at your earliest convenience. Please enclose a copy of your university diploma stipulating which courses you have taken.
31 January 2019
Expected start date:
As soon as possible
Senior Research Manager, Tanker Shipping
+45 3344 1495
Head of Research
+45 3344 1493